Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the MLA shall be: – To render legal services and advice to Muslims, locally, nationally and internationally on issues affecting such Muslim persons and/or Muslim organizations locally, nationally and internationally.
- To render legal services to the local, national and international community in regard to any injustices perpetrated which are in conflict with the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and the Shariah (Islamic Law and Jurisprudence)
- To foster, protect and uphold the rights and interest of its members.
- To train and educate members in respect of Islamic jurisprudence and the application thereof.
- To offer support and counselling to members of the legal profession.
- To mediate between members and adjudicate and settle differences between them, whenever called upon to do so by any member.
- To express its views on matters of common concern to its members and to make representations on behalf of its members to any and all bodies and/or organizations and/or governments.
- To be the local, national and international voice of its members.
- To promote the Islamic faith amongst the legal profession.
- To influence Lawyers and the law in accommodating Islamic values.
- To promote Islamic values by any and all lawful and proper process through the courts, through the media, by way of bringing to bear influence on parliament, or in any other way that the MLA deems appropriate.
- To fight and challenge all discriminatory practices which are in conflict with the Quraan and Sunnah.
- To interact and co-operate with all organizations which have similar aims and/or objectives as those of the MLA.
- To receive donations, subscriptions, gifts, monies, legacies and property of any kind for any of the purposes, aims and objectives of the MLA, and to pay out or disburse the same for any of the aims and objectives of the MLA.
- To do any and all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the abovementioned aims and objectives.